Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who knew?

Who knew making a simple strip quilt could be so hard? I wanted to make my youngest grandbaby a quilt for her 1st birthday. I should have just made a quilt and presented it at the party. Her mama got involved and it's become a power struggle, with harsh words and hurt feelings. :-(   Her mama wants a simple strip quilt, fewer fabrics and contrast the better. I like more strips and contrast. What to do,what to do

Here's what I'm working with. The party is Feb 8 yikes!










6 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute fabrics. I like the third picture. I like more strips too.

heartsease54 said...

I like the last choice for strips connecting the main strips. And I tend to think that the person doing the actual making of the quilt (unless it's a commission) gets to make the decisions. After all, you are the one doing the sewing & providing fabric, etc. Do what pleases you.

Impera Magna said...

I vote for #3 too.... and agree with heartsease54; however, I know that trying to keep peace in the family is important too!

Lori R. said...

It could always be worse. A friend let her son and bride-to-be tell her what they would like for a wedding quilt. Would you believe pink lone star on white background? TRUE!!! (After you make the simple strippy quilt to please daughter, cut loose and make one that tickles you).

Lori R. said...

So, Feb. 8 has come and gone. How did the little controversial birthday quilt turn out? Any pictures?

Lana said...

Hello! Just dropped in to say I have given you an award on my blog...I love your site! Come over and accept it - then pass it along!
Congratulations!!!!